liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] About 5.5.1 and Internet Games

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] About 5.5.1 and Internet Games
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:00:17 +0200

Hi everybody,

* 1st point:

I'm about to release LW 5.5.1, which will be a bug-fix/maintenance
release.
The fixed bugs are:
- custom ressource loading on Windows/DOS platforms. I'm not 100%
  sure the fix will work, but I believe it'll work.
- various bug-fixes on the server, including some connection/protocol issues
  and a nasty bug which prevents people with 15-characters IP addresses from
  registering on the metaserver.
- a Linux bug-fix to allow compilation on Debian potato, submitted by
  Colin Stewart.

Is anyone aware of other bugs in 5.5.0? If so, please tell me so that I
can fix them in 5.5.1 8-)

* 2nd point:

As someone pointed on the "chat-box", it's hard to find players to play
with, and since there's no one playing no one wants to plays, and so
on...

So what I'd suggest is to have some sort of "LW meeting" at a given
time, and this way it would be easier for people to find each other.
For instance, we could make an "appointment" on Sunday June 23th at
16h00 GMT (which is 18h00 over here in France and should be something
like 12h00 on the East cost of the US). And I could put somewhere on the
web site the date of the next "meeting". What do you think about it?

This being said, have a nice day.

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit