liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] 5.5.3 is out

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] 5.5.3 is out
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:50:02 +0200

Hi,

I just released 5.5.3, ChangeLog includes:
- some network/GUI bugfixs, as there are always some of these in any
  release lately...
- better icon and language handlingunder Windows
- 7 new maps (the ones that were sent over this mailing list). BTW, it
  took me several hours to include "mouse1.bmp". The problem was that
  the liquidwarmap utility - which helps building the datafile - is a
  total piece of crap and I had to fix it. 100% my fault anyway 8-)
- it's now possible to "chat" when joining a game. This is not nice
  comfortable handy chat like a real IRC client, but at least it enables
  players to send a few messages before the game starts. This would be a
  good place to say "switch to windowed mode and come and join on IRC!"
  for instance.

That's it for now.

There might be a 5.5.4 if there are too many bugs in 5.5.3, otherwise
developpement on Liquid War should be quiet for a while, since I need to
work on U61 again. Then 5.6.0 will come with some graphical
improvements. I think Mouse's suggestion is a good choice and it will
probably be implemented.

Have a nice day.

Christian.

PS: I might be online and ready to play games tonight at something like
18h00 GMT. So if you want to join, go ahead 8-)

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___