liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Re: very slight Liquid War suggestion

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Re: very slight Liquid War suggestion
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:00:09 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:08:34PM +0000, Thomas Harte wrote:
> I should say that I've been aware of liquid war for two or three years now,
> and it still
> proves a fun game for me and my friends. So, thanks! It truly is the best
> freeware game
> I have ever discovered.
Thanks 8-)

> But I have one small suggestion. It is generally agreed by the people I have
> played with
> that the smaller maps (i.e. those of a size less than about 300 pixels across
> - in other
> words, those maps which make the cursors appear very large) just aren't any
> fun. So I
> was wondering - would it be possible to add an option whereby you can set the
> minimum
> map size you enjoy, and then when you select a map, the game finds the
> smallest
> integer multiple of its current dimensions that is larger than the size you
> set, and
> rescales the map by that value? You could leave the minimum map size at 0x0
> by default
> so that people who don't want such a thing wouldn't know the difference.
That's a very good idea I think. Actually, I was just about to release
5.5.7 (which mostly contains bug-fixes for now) and I'm thinking that
your idea might go in this release. It's not very long to implement
IMHO, and I like the idea. It's true that these small maps now look
obsolete since they were designed for use on 486 33Mhz computers, and
increasing their resolution while keeping the ability to play then in
low res should make everyone happy. Thanks for the suggestion.

To sum it up: I'm not 100% sure this feature will be present in 5.5.7,
but you can be sure it will be implemented some day.

Have a nice day.

Christian.

PS: I've send a copy of this mail to the Liquid War mailing list.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___