liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] New levels

From: Martin Renold
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] New levels
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:33:19 +0200

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:51:31PM +0200, Christian Mauduit wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 10:42:14AM +0000, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> > I have created some levels for Liquid War! They can be downloaded
> > from this homepage:
> >
> > http://levels.2v1.cz/

Nice done!

> code a "3D effect" filter which would enhance the border of the walls.

This would be a seperate feature for the current textures. When someone
does a full texture for a map he will disable it.

> [game gets too big with all the maps]

I don't think this is a problem, you could distribute a selected, small
set of not too big maps with the game and either distribute the others in
an "extra-maps" package or just link to the various homepages where maps
can be downloaded.

> When the program starts, check for a config file matching the map name.

Yes, the .txt files could be extended with optional tags.

> Any other idea or suggestion?

One other thought: a "highlight border" switch, where only the inner
pixels of unpassable blocks are set to a given color (and maybe the outer
pixels to the opposite color), while leaving the rest of the map-specific
texture intact.

bye,
Martin