liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Looking for players

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Looking for players
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:01:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, January 18, 2009 7:43 pm, Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:
> I saw from the archives that this list is mostly quiet. Is there a
> good place to post requests for games?
mmm, I agree this is a quiet place ;)

FYI Liquid War 5 is only maintained for bug-fixes, most of my coding
effort aims at releasing Liquid War 6
http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/ ASAP.

As your message points it, the problem with LW5 is to find players online.
The root reason for this is that the network mode requires players to
connect at the very same time or, at least, in a narrow time-window of a
few minutes to meet each other. LW6 will address this by allowing
on-the-fly connection on an already existing game. Problem -> LW6 has no
network support, it's not implemented yet.

Meanwhile, to find players, well, I've tried several things, including
proposing IRC channels, or official "liquid sunday wars" meet points, but
none of them really worked. So well, I'm a bit confused and can't really
help you right now, if there are other players on this list who have any
suggestion -> let them talk!

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--