listhelper-moderate

bug-gdb post from address@hidden requires approval

From: bug-gdb-owner
Subject: bug-gdb post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 01:16:43 -0400

following mailing list posting:

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: Half Price Hepaticas

At your convenience, visit:

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/bug-gdb

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Half Price Hepaticas Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 23:52:03 -0400 Hi!  I've been breeding and selecting Hepatica acutiloba and Hepatica americana for the last eight years now, specifically for silvery marbled foliage. In the process, I've accumulated a very large stock of lovely, white flowered Hepatica acutiloba with medium green foliage that I'd like to share with you at a very special price that includes FREE SHIPPING.

[]

In the unlikely event that you're unfamiliar with the genus Hepatica, I'll tell you that Hepaticas are one of the most reliable, durable, desirable and perennial early Spring native wildflowers. They're exceptionally long flowering, long lived and very easy to grow. The genus Hepatica is a member of the Ranunculaceae family, the same family as Actaea, Cimicifuga, Helleborus and Thalictrum, et al. Culture is super easy as in nature they grow in woodland conditions, typically in rich, but well drained soil. In captivity, they thrive happily in the shade garden and love a bit of dappled sunlight,  but don't mind deep shade at all. The foliage is persistent and attractive all the growing season long. The height is 3" - 6" tall and a mature clump can be up to 12" in diameter with more than 50 flowers. They're native to almost every state east of the Mississippi and their hardiness and heat tolerance is most likely zones 4 - 10. Division and seed are my preferred methods of propagation.

By the way, the genus name, Hepatica, comes from the ancient Latin word, Hepaticus, which means liver, as the shape of the leaves resemble the human liver. In fact, in these mountains, the locals refer to Hepatica as "Liverleaf".

I've been selling Hepatica acutiloba plants bareroot for $10.00 ea plus $9.00 for UPS.  As a result of my breeding work, I've managed to accumulate a nice little stockpile of surplus plants and can now drastically reduce the price. Below you will find a very special offer that includes FREE SHIPPING:

7   for $ 35.00  delivered ($5.00 ea)
10  for $ 45.00  delivered ($4.50 ea)
15  for $ 60.00  delivered ($4.00 ea)
20  for $ 70.00  delivered ($3.50 ea)
50  for $150.00  delivered ($3.00 ea)

At these low prices, you can create a dramatic, naturalized, breathtaking drift of Hepatica that you and visitors to your garden will enjoy for many years to come with very little effort.

Please include your Postal address, UPS address and phone # on a separate sheet of paper with your check. I look forward to sharing these treasures with you.

OH............If you'd like to see some of the results of my Hepatica breeding work, go to - http://sunfarm.com/images/hacutilobamarble1.jpg I hope to make these stunning plants available to the gardening public sometime in 2008.

Many of our previous weekly specials are still available, go to - http://sunfarm.com/specials/ to browse the archives.

Cheers,
Barry
Happy Gardening,
Barry Glick aka Glicksterus maximus aka The Cyber-Plantsman
Sunshine Farm & Gardens
HC 67 Box 539 B
Renick WV 24966 USA
304-497-2208
EMAIL - address@hidden

Altitude 3650 feet * Latitude 38.04N * Longitude 80.26W * USDA Zone 5

***TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF MY GARDENS AT***
http://www.sunfarm.com/tour/

***SUNSHINE FARM & GARDENS WEB PAGE***
http://www.sunfarm.com

***PREVIOUS SPECIAL OFFERS***
http://sunfarm.com/specials/

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 1a77022ceb19f385278f5b6ceacda35af94a2327
of the body of the reply.

--- End Message ---