listhelper-moderate

help-bison post from address@hidden requires approval

From: help-bison-owner
Subject: help-bison post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:34:31 -0400

following mailing list posting:

    List:    address@hidden
    From:    address@hidden
    Subject: Menu Archive by Author Blogs Industry Newsfeeds Podcasts Resources
RSS on DBAzine Webinars Contact Info Seeking new owner for this high-traffic
DBAzine.

At your convenience, visit:

    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/help-bison

to approve or deny the request.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Menu Archive by Author Blogs Industry Newsfeeds Podcasts Resources RSS on DBAzine Webinars Contact Info Seeking new owner for this high-traffic DBAzine. Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:34:30 -0400 User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 (Windows/20070509)
Brokers Move On ERMX!

EntreMetrix Inc. (ERMX)
$0.18

Heavy trading today as ERMX announced its launch of digital support
tools for its portfolio companies. Brokers are getting ahead of this
steady climb as they grab up large blocks of shares for there clients.
Look at the numbers and get on ERMX Friday morning!

If new software techniques or development facilities are being used,
when new team members come on board they probably will not understand
them. Now I can understand that the jobs of managing computer
infrastructure, computer programming, and wrangling data are not for
everybody.
It can help to have some industry expert help.

it is not just about laptops being snagged or misplaced. The article,
High Design by Howard Goldberg, discusses the changing role of the DBA
in an era of growing data, autonomic computing, and regulatory
compliance. OCP Instructors Guide for Oracle DBA Certification by Chris
Foot - this book is written by Chris Foot, a personal friend, a DBAzine
blogger, and one of the top Oracle instructors in the world.

As the apprentice DBA continued running around like a chicken with its
head cut off the Taoist DBA calmly glided his mouse across the top of
his desk, clicked, and typed something on his keyboard.
But if each of these columns were assigned to a different domain,
comparisons between them would be disallowed, because comparisons
between incompatible domains would be disallowed. Now don't
misunderstand me. If you have a personal favorite I've omitted, feel
free to add a comment with the titles and author of the book, along with
a short blurb on why you recommend it.

Well, this is all well and good, I suppose, but it might be a rather
simplistic way to approach the situation.

Well, take the working software versus comprehensive documentation
issue.
Oracle Insights: Tales of the Oak Table - a completely unique book.

Computerworld reports today that another VA laptop has gone missing.
Please log in and share your comments. But sometimes they are not. Well,
take the working software versus comprehensive documentation issue.

The reverse is also true.

Strike that - I'll go further and say that they are good. but little in
the way of correcting the underlying root causes.
If I am developing an application in a small group or for a small
company that trade-off might make some sense, sometimes. Use the
experience of the data breach to implement better policies, services,
and software to protect sensitive company data. Things are falling
apart! Sometimes the folks bitten are the guilty party and worthy of
firing. Well, this is all well and good, I suppose, but it might be a
rather simplistic way to approach the situation. No more repeat posting
for awhile, promise.

Is relational technology outdated? In other words, what is the cost of a
lost sale because product information was incorrect? Unless you have
established service level agreements it is unfair to measure the DBA on
response time.
More accurately, it is the Tao Te Ching and it proposes a model by which
the individual and society can embody a philosophy to achieve a
harmonious and balanced existence.
Recently, I received this question via e-mail: When trying to get
management on board with a data quality initiative, what should I focus
on in order to justify the investment?

Oracle Insights: Tales of the Oak Table - a completely unique book.
Oracle Expert: One on One by Thomas Kyte - this book contain a wealth of
knowledge on developing Oracle applications, as well as great advice on
designing and administering Oracle databases. " There appears to be no
end in sight to the on-going data breaches. Without proper documentation
to educate the new team members, that "working" software will stop
working due to lack of understanding. Secondly, because the relational
model is based on set theory its accuracy and usefulness have a basis in
mathematics.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: confirm 1bb6338267c27bc6128d98e2f4e51605e0adc7d3
of the body of the reply.

--- End Message ---