lmi

Re: [lmi] Safer is the Yoda style?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Safer is the Yoda style?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 18:58:02 +0200

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:50:52 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I'll continue using the "Yoda" style, though.

 I didn't expect anything differently, but your message about experimenting
with the "human" style gave me an unexpected glimmer of hope.

GC> In the code I was writing yesterday, it saved me from an awful mistake.

 Which (also) wouldn't have been detected by the compiler had you made it?

GC> If a native speaker of APL you were, dislike it you would not.

 Alas, it's well-known that you need to start learning natural languages
before you're 6-7 years old to become a native speaker of them and even
though APL is simpler than some of them (although not all, I would say),
I'm afraid it's too late for me, so reverse comparisons on encountering
will continue stumbling forever I.

 Regards,
VZ