lmi

[lmi] SHA1 for wx upgrade [Was: F2 in wxGrid checkbox cell]

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] SHA1 for wx upgrade [Was: F2 in wxGrid checkbox cell]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:52:17 +0000

Earlier, on 2020-07-14 20:46, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
<  Also, another complicating factor is that someone has made a further
< change to wxGrid combobox editor (which is used in the new census editor)
< which is supposed to improve its behaviour under GTK and I hoped to
< integrate their PR at https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/1941 soon
< and surreptitiously update my PRs to use a newer wxWidgets commit including
< it instead. In fact, I really, really hope to release wxWidgets 3.1.4 in a
< week and I even thought about updating lmi to use it, but I didn't have
< time to test this fully yet and now I don't know if you feel like waiting
< for it or not.

Subsequently...

On 2020-07-16 23:44, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 10:31:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...in the context of a wxGrid cell...]
> GC> other controls (comboboxes, for instance) that ask
> GC> the user to make a choice do not end editing as soon
> GC> as a choice is made.
>
>  Funny that you should say this because I've recently merged a patch to
> wxGridCellChoiceEditor which changes it do exactly this (see
> https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/857bb9e80684a4edb980b722cfd36b18441bf97d

Is that commit/857bb9e80684a4e the result of integrating pull/1941 ?

What I really want to know is whether 857bb9e80684a4e is the wxWidgets
version we should upgrade to immediately after PR#143's 45 commits.
We hope to test only one new version of wxWidgets, and we'd like to
start testing by Wednesday. AIUI, we certainly want to include this
wxGridCellChoiceEditor change, because otherwise it would cause a
change in behavior the next time we update wxWidgets again. Are we
ready to choose 857bb9e80684a4e as the new stable wxWidgets version
that we'll use with lmi for the presently foreseeable future?