lmi

Re: [lmi] Showing better icons in high DPI

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Showing better icons in high DPI
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 03:41:06 +0100

On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 22:06:45 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> IOW, I think the "original" icons, which were apparently
GC> just a 2:1 zoom, mapping each 1x1 pixel to a 4x4 superpixel,
GC> are less unobjectionable than magnifications that make them
GC> fuzzy as in "mth" and "nth". Thus, can we easily have icons
GC> exactly as in "1st" == lmi_orig.png, along with DPI-aware
GC> text as in "2nd" == lmi_dpi_aware.png?

 We can and I dutifully attach a screenshot of the new look of the icons
scaled by wx, even though they're indistinguishable from the icons scaled
by MSW itself now (or at least I couldn't see any differences even with a
magnifying glass).

 Unfortunately there is still another issue, which is visible when you look
at the whole toolbar, which is why the latest screenshot shows a bigger
part of it: the separators are almost unnoticeable at 200% scaling, as the
native control doesn't seem to scale them correctly, and so they're only
slightly bigger than regular toolbar buttons padding. I tried to find some
way to work around this, but unsuccessfully, so I think we'll just have to
live with this.

 Please let me know if you see anything else wrong with these icons,
VZ

PNG image