lmi

Re: [lmi] Menu underlining defect

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Menu underlining defect
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:30:04 +0100

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 21:35:59 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> As the attached screenshot shows, menu underlining is defective,
GC> at least with 'wine'. Example: for "Print case to spreadsheet",
GC> 'h' should be underlined, as 'menus.xrc' says:
GC>   <label>Print case to spreads_heet\tCtrl-Shift-H</label>
GC> but 'e' is underlined instead.
GC>
GC> That's the most obvious instance, but there are others:
GC>  - "Print group premium quote to PDF": the underlining starts
GC>    in the middle of 'q' and ends in the middle of 'u'
GC>  - "Fixed column width": parts of 'u' and 'm' are underlined
GC> and close inspection reveals other, subtler underlining defects.

 I'm happy to report that all these problems seem to be fixed with Wine
6.0.2 currently used in my Debian Sid chroot (6.0.3 is already available in
Sid too, but I haven't updated to it yet), so there doesn't seem to be
anything to do here other than waiting until you start using Wine 6.

 And I can also confirm that this works correctly under native MSW systems.

 Regards,
VZ