lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 9bed27ea 1/2: Revert "Remove unnecessary

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 9bed27ea 1/2: Revert "Remove unnecessary variable from IllustrationView::OnCreate()"
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 21:18:05 +0200

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 14:33:56 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 9bed27eacadc6f450a5ac4fb6c1e78c7bdb2c872
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC>
GC>     Revert "Remove unnecessary variable from IllustrationView::OnCreate()"
GC>
GC>     This reverts commit aeb44f515ffe13bf8ef474a9cfce50c336dabcc4.
GC>
GC>     The immediately preceding commit 1ea88e72 will be reverted next.
GC>
GC>     Reproducible test case:
GC>       File | New | Illustration
GC>       delete contents of "Current COI multiplier" [on "Group" tab]
GC>       OK

 Sorry about introducing this problem.

 After testing it, do I understand correctly that the bug is (only) the
fact that an unwanted question about saving the changes is asked? I.e. I
still don't see any zombie views, as mentioned in the comment (and which
had motivated me to make the original change, as from examining the code it
seemed clear that no zombie view could remain), but I do see the message
box shown while destroying the view whose creation had failed.

 There is a simple fix for this: we should ignore the view's modified
status when destroying it unconditionally, and I'll make this change in wx,
but I'd understand if you didn't want to re-revert this again...

VZ