lmi

Re: [lmi] wine-6.0.3 "fixme" and "err:rpc"

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wine-6.0.3 "fixme" and "err:rpc"
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 00:00:45 +0200

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:31:39 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 6/24/22 23:58, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > I don't think there's any actual problem here, but it seems best
GC> > to get this on the record.
GC>
GC> [...snip one "err" and many "fixme" messages from 'wine'...]
GC>
GC> > Because the "fixme" messages all occur during the GUI test, I suppose
GC> > the "err:rpc" thing is just a delayed consequence of that test, and
GC> > has nothing to do with the target being built when it prints.
GC>
GC> No, it's worse. An "err" message just occurred while I was simply
GC> building a unit test, many hours after running an automated GUI test:
GC>
GC> x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -MMD -MP -MT rate_table.o -MF rate_table.d  -c -I
/opt/lmi/src/lmi -I>
GC> 0094:err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003
GC> x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -o rate_table_test.exe alert.o alert_cli.o
fenv_lmi.o getopt.o licens>
GC> List of unit-test targets that did not build successfully:

 I don't know what are these messages due to neither, but, FWIW, I've seen
quite a few of them in the various build logs when running tests under Wine
and this never seemed to result in any visible problems.

 E.g. the latest wx CI run contains this:

All tests passed (1214427 assertions in 301 test cases)
00a4:err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003

after running the non-GUI unit tests.

 As for "fixme" messages, I believe they indicate things not yet
implemented in Wine itself and can be safely ignored as long as we don't
rely on any missing functionality.

 Again, I know that this doesn't really help, but it might, perhaps,
reassure you a little.

 Regards,
VZ