lmi

Re: [lmi] GTK warnings

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] GTK warnings
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 19:56:31 +0000

On 7/1/22 17:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 16:00:30 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...]
> GC> I have the impression that GTK might be sending messages to someplace
> GC> like /dev/tty .
>
>  Strange, I don't see this here, i.e. if I do
>
>       % ./lmi_wx 2>err.log
>
> I see Gtk-CRITICIAL and other messages in the err.log file.

Yes, with lmi I often do exactly that, and it works as intended,
with lmi. But with 'meld' it doesn't: even if I redirect both
stdout and stderr:
  >err.log 2>&1
the GTK-meld messages pollute my terminal's scrollback, and
create an empty log file.

But that's okay: I've learned to live with it by lowering
my expectations of GTK (and wine, likewise).