lmi

[lmi] clang-tidy [Was: Detecting whether move semantics actually take pl

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] clang-tidy [Was: Detecting whether move semantics actually take place]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 23:03:34 +0000

On 7/18/22 16:19, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:48:14 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> GC> I was really just hoping to use 'clang-tidy'.
>
>  FWIW I have a "in progress" .clang-tidy file where I've disabled/tweaked a
> number of clang-tody warnings. Would it be useful to send it to you, even
> in this far from finished version or will you want to make your own choices
> anyhow?

Yes, please, when convenient--no rush.

> GC> So far, I've figured out that I need '-extra-arg=-std=c++20', and I've
> GC> tested one tiny file.
>
>  For testing on a single file I run it like this:
>
>       % clang-tidy --config-file=.clang-tidy zero_test.cpp -- clang++-14
> ...all the flags taken from "make -n" output ...

I have only 'clang++13', not 'clang++14'. Is there any reason for me to
specify 'clang++13', or would 'clang' be as good when only one version
is installed?

>  For running it on the all files I've used https://github.com/rizsotto/Bear
>  Again, I hoped to package all this nicely and present it to you in an
> easier to use form, but didn't have time to do this yet, sorry. If you
> think this would be useful, I could resume working on this now. Should I?

If you like, but I'm in no hurry; I'm still trying to figure out C++11
move semantics (I'll write more about that later).