lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 5e7c2fa5: Temporarily allow extra semicol

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 5e7c2fa5: Temporarily allow extra semicolons with certain wx macros
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 19:49:58 +0100

On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 18:25:42 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 5e7c2fa506207e3e9c558ea7dbb5e053199d8a71
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC>
GC>     Temporarily allow extra semicolons with certain wx macros
GC>
GC>     See:
GC>       https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2022-07/msg00117.html
[...]
GC> diff --git a/wx_test_about_version.cpp b/wx_test_about_version.cpp
GC> index ccb8e640..f8a5f279 100644
GC> --- a/wx_test_about_version.cpp
GC> +++ b/wx_test_about_version.cpp
GC> @@ -246,7 +246,7 @@ LMI_WX_TEST_CASE(about_dialog_version)
GC>              wxTEST_DIALOG
GC>                  (wxYield()
GC>                  ,expect_license_dialog()
GC> -                )//;
GC> +                );

 Just to provide much needed ^W^W completely unnecessary conclusion to this
thread, let me say that I've just finally changed the wx macro to actually
require the semicolon after it (and, necessarily, also compile without
warnings when it's present), see

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/bed3896189c121398514cd7a74e33c48b25f0449

and so no workarounds should/will be necessary once lmi starts using wx
3.3.0 or later.

 Please feel completely free to ignore this post until then (and maybe
beyond that moment as well),
VZ