lout-users

Experiments with @Graph

From: Eric BOUCHARE
Subject: Experiments with @Graph
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:57:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I just put a repo on

https://github.com/ebcfr/lout-graph

where you can find a modified graph module with an example of use.

I just add a grid, and a label options that allows to control globally the
display of a grid and labels. It allows also the display of a subgrid.

The graphf and graph.lpg were modified. I tried to modify as little as
possible, and stay compliant with the standard behavior of the graph module. I
broke the grid style though.

My postscript code is probably not optimal.

I played also with @Graph to explore the use of textures, with @Diag to add an
arrow onto the graph, and with python to see if it was possible to generates
points from a program and insert them automatically.

@Graph module seems to dislike when I have too small numbers. Maybe it would be
interesting if the tickandlimits postscript procedure could calculate a factor
to be applied to all values before displaying the graph and display the factor
on the graph. I did not investigate this.

My tests were on Linux.

Eric