lp-italia

Re: [Lp-italia] Bootable USB member card

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Lp-italia] Bootable USB member card
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:21:06 +0100

Il 24/12/2009 21:39, Graziano ha scritto:

http://config.fsf.org/membercard/wiki?name=MembercardFaq

Grazie, in effetti bastava cercare ;-)

The FSF has changed from gNewSense GNU/Linux to Trisquel GNU/Linux for the new 2GB FSF Membercard because (a) Trisquel developers did the vast majority of work, (b) Trisquel happened to be more up-to-date at the time we upgraded to the 2GB membercards. This is helpful as it means hardware that is fully supportable by free software, like ath5k and ath9k based wifi cards, are supported well "out of the box", and (c) at the time we upgraded to the 2GB membercards, gNewSense was currently transitioning the upstream it uses; see Will gNewSense 3.0 be based on Debian instead of Ubuntu, and why?.

--
http://gnurag.net/blog/
http://fsfe.org/