lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9856] sntp: Allow both IPv4 and IPv6 NTP servers to

From: David J. Fiddes
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9856] sntp: Allow both IPv4 and IPv6 NTP servers to be configured simultaneously via DHCP
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 17:04:57 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9856 (project lwip):

If you're on an IPv4 network you'll get your IPv4 NTP (or DNS) servers via
DHCP. If you are on IPv6 you'll get IPv6 NTP servers over DHCP. If you are
operating dual-stack you have to deal with both.

I did wonder whether these patches would open a can of worms. Dual stack makes
a lot of things ugly unfortunately.

For my own use case ESP8266 Arduino's LwIP configuration has 3 NTP server
slots and only 1 DHCP and 1 DHCPv6 NTP server. This works fine obviously.

I'll need to have a think as to how to achieve it but dividing the allocation
between IPv4 and IPv6 would certainly be more deterministic.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9856>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/