lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwip_recvfrom(sock == 0)

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwip_recvfrom(sock == 0)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:54:39 +0200

goldsimon@gmx.de wrote:

Now the MicroPython test hangs forever. Nothing happens
with this socket 0. It's unconnected, so how could this socket
ever receive a single byte?

It should indeed not wait here, but return an error. Would you mind
adding a bug in our savannah bugtracker to ensure this does not get
forgotten?

Done at:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?59182

Could it be some of my 'LWIP_x' options are messed up?

Hmm, while this could change with options, it still should not behave
like you saw.
Adding a:
  #define LWIP_SOCKET_OFFSET 100

for a socket fd to start at 100, did not help.
But it looks better than a socket 0. IMHO lwip_socket()
returning 0 is highly confusing.

--
--gv