lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #65583] DNS lookup should take into account available

From: Sly Gryphon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #65583] DNS lookup should take into account available source IPv6 and IPv4 addresses
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 02:52:57 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #65583 (group lwip):

I have a branch with my code from ESP-LWIP moved across. Rather than a simple
compare, I put in the structure of a full sort, and added the RFC 6724
examples as test cases.

It still takes a few short cuts and only properly handles the LWIP case of at
most 2 results (one IPv6 and one IPv4), so not all the example tests are
implemented.

`getaddrinfo()` now returns both results (linked; which is handled by
`freeaddrinfo()`), so you may get up to two results (e.g. could be used for
fallback/happy eyeballs in a dual stack environment).

I still need to run a test app to check it works; I couldn't see anything in
LWIP (did find some unit test though, which I used).

I will try and getting it running with my ESP-IDF setup.

Branch is here, if anyone is interested:
https://github.com/sgryphon/lwip/tree/sgryphon/dns-dynamic-sort-rfc6724

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?65583>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/