lwip-members

[lwip-members] [patch #8737] tcp_timer_needed should use tcpip_timeout

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-members] [patch #8737] tcp_timer_needed should use tcpip_timeout
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 19:45:12 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #8737 (project lwip):

>> then something is wrong with your application.
>> The raw API must not be used from a different thread.
>
> What's the recommendation or alternative?

Reading doc/rawapi.txt or lwip.wikia.com! I know that's not a popular
answer... (-> "using one of the api headers' functions or using tcpip_callback
to get you into the right thread" is probably what you expected)

However, I would have excpeted this question from a newbie, but I'm honestly
surprised to read it from someone knowing lwip since more than 2 years...

It would be nice if someone could tell me how to improve documentation (or
asserts in the code?) to help users to better understand the basic threading
requirements of lwip. This kind of misunderstanding keeps popping up too
often.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8737>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/