lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPPOS assigning same IP to IP and Gateway (IPCP) , No SYN,

From: t.marechal
Subject: [lwip-users] PPPOS assigning same IP to IP and Gateway (IPCP) , No SYN, ACK on netconn_connect
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 08:40:27 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I've been reading the mailing list, studying the contribs and it has helped
me to reach this step. I am using an STM32 device with a Telit 4G module. I
am using lwip v 2.1.

My goal is to setup a TCP connection to a remote server using the netconn
API.

In order to do so, I am:
   Initializing the module with AT commands (AT+CPIN, AT+CGDCONT, waiting
registration AT+CGREG)
   Starting the PPP Connection issuing the ATD*99***3# command to start a
PPP communication on cid 3.
I am also redirecting the USART Rx/Tx to pppos_input_tcpip() and
ppp_output_callback().

So far I reach the point where I am assigned an IP address, however* I don't
get any dns from this IPCP protocol. The gateway is also the same than the
IP Address.*
I am able to send a SYN packet to initiate a connection to a remote server
but I never receive the SYN,ACK message from the socket Server.

Please find the logs attached, you may have an idea on why the connection is
failing.
Thank you.