lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp client build up the connection slowly with the serv

From: koszo.simon
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp client build up the connection slowly with the server
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 23:35:30 -0700 (MST)

Thank you for your quick answer! I appreciate that you answer to such a
begginner like me.

>You created your own http client? Why don't you use the one coming with
>lwIP? (And yes, I'm too lazy to open that stackoverflow thing...)

Yes, I had to. All documentation which I found about the built in http
client was this:
https://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/group__httpc.html
Based on this I could nicely download files from the server with this code:

   ip_addr_t server_addr;
   IP4_ADDR(&server_addr, 192, 168, 0, 119);
   char domain_name[30] = "www.procontrol.hu";
   domain_name[17] = '\0';
   u16_t portnum = 80;
   httpc_connection_t *conn_settings_try;
   conn_settings_try->use_proxy = 0;

   char url[100] = "/index.html";
   char url[11] = '\0';

   httpc_get_file(&server_addr, portnum, url, conn_settings_try,
HttpClientGetFileReceive, NULL,
   NULL);
   //httpc_get_file_dns(domain_name, portnum, url, conn_settings_try,
HttpClientGetFileReceive,
   //NULL, NULL);

However I could not use the httpc_get_file_dns() function. I would be happy
if someone could help me to use the built in http client.

>Why do people always search for problems in other people's work? As I've
>written above, lwIP is perfectly capable of much faster connection setup
>than you even thought. This is not an lwIP problem but rather a problem
>of your setup (or whoever you got your setup from). And by setup I mean
>the OS port, CPU port, netif driver, etc.

Thank you for the tips. I have forgotten that there are communcation layers
even under lwip...

Regards,
Simon Kószó