lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Reliable NAT tor lwIP

From: David Gauchard
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Reliable NAT tor lwIP
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 19:44:54 +0200

On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:55:20AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Am 03.08.2019 um 00:48 schrieb mav:
> > Could anybody please recomend good and proven lwIP NAT solution? I've found
> > this one  https://github.com/ajaybhargav/lwip_nat   but it is randomly
> > crashing for me. Any suggestions?
>

> Less than a month ago, Andrea Berlingieri said "lwipv6" included NAT and
> pointed me to the sources here:
>
> http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/lwipv6/lwipv6_1.5a.orig.tar.gz

Here's another NAT patch against official lwIP stable sources.

It has been working for 3 years on several projects using lwIP-1.4rc2 on
esp8266, then ported few months ago to lwIP-2.0.3 (for the esp32 esp-idf
library) and now to lwIP-2.1.2 (for esp8266 arduino).

There are two files that cleanly apply on lwIP-2.1.2, located in
    https://github.com/d-a-v/esp82xx-nonos-linklayer/tree/master/patches
        napt-h.patch
        napt.patch
        history: napt.patch.txt

Initialization:
    err_t ip_napt_init (nat-table-size, npt-table-size)
        (allocations only happen in this function)

enabling on an interface:
    err_t ip_napt_enable_no (if-num, 1/*enable*/)

Check napt.h for the full API.

lwIP's license has just been added on behalf of original author just before I
wrote this email.

About stability on specific 2.1.2 version of lwIP, I can only say my android
8 phone happily accesses to internet through a $2 two-wifi-interfaces chip
with lwIP-2.1.2 and the two above calls from this patch.

david