lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Is it possible to use LwIP Netconn API on an RTOS witho

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Is it possible to use LwIP Netconn API on an RTOS without semaphore and mutex supported?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 07:54:23 +0200

Am 27.07.2020 um 14:15 schrieb yanhc519 via lwip-users:
> Hi all.
>
> I have an RTOS which is a little strange. The RTOS can handle
> multi-tasking and message queues, but can not handle semaphore and mutex.
> I want to use the Netconn API on my RTOS. Is it possible?

Honestly, I don't know. But I don't think so. It's certainly not been
designed for that. But if you ensure to not compile/link the functions
using the mutex, you should find out fast, no?

However, it should not be too difficult to implement your own semaphore
by using a message queue. Mutex could be harder, but using a binary
semaphore works as well (although you could get priority inversion).

Regards,
Simon