lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [EXTERNAL] IPv6 support and mDNS

From: Zayzay, Edman G
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [EXTERNAL] IPv6 support and mDNS
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 12:48:41 +0000

Hi Johnathan,

You don’t really need to deactivate any of the flags mentioned below. I had the same problem and was able to get around it by modifying the function icmp6_input () in icmp6.c.  There is a case statement, ICMP6_TYPE_EREQ, you can simply add a check to see if ping is enabled before this code is executed. If not, don’t execute. This is how I was able to get around the problem. Hope it helps. You may need to create your sub functions to set your flags to let you know if you want to enable or disable pings.

Edman

Edman G. H Zayzay

Principal Embedded Software Engineer

Energy Automation Solutions (EAS)