lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP, but then for 802.11 (Wi-Fi)

From: on7wpi
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP, but then for 802.11 (Wi-Fi)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 23:10:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I'm looking for an open source 802.11 stack for on an embedded device (similar to what lwIP is, but then a layer lower in the OSI stack). Through reverse engineering, I figured out several 'primitives' of the hardware (sending a packet, receiving packets, setting the MAC-address filter, ...); I'm looking for an existing stack that I can connect those primitives to, and have the stack do the authentication, association, ... and then tie in to lwIP. Does this exist? I've looked for it, but haven't found anything yet. The closest I found, is mac80211 in the Linux kernel and wpa_supplicant; but this needs the entire kernel, which is a bit too heavy. Alternatively, do you know of a good way to separate out the 802.11 bits from the Linux kernel?

Kind regards,
ON7WPI