Re: LYNX-DEV RFW: search service

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RFW: search service
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 00:00:24 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Drazen Kacar wrote:

> RFW means request for wishes :)
>
> I'll be building search engine for the small part of the net and I'd like to

Which small part?

> know what you would find usefull on that kind of service. Anything goes,
> don't think about resources consumption, that's my problem :)
>
> [...]
> I might report the size of the page and the size of the page with all of
> inlined images.
>
> Anything else?

bonus points for pages with <LINK rev=made>.
bonus points for pages which specify an explicit charset.
      double if it comes in the HTTP headers, not just META.

minus points for pages containing any IMG (etc.) without ALT.
lotsa minus points for pages that start with a <!doctype HTML etc.>
      and then don't validate against that.
lotsa minus if a page contains any &#nnn; for 128 <= nnn < 160.
      times three if they also specify a charset :)

Hope you can agree with these...

  Klaus

;
;