Re: LYNX-DEV UL Block with plain

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV UL Block with plain
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 15:13:15 -0500 (EST)

  From: Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>

  <ul>
  <li>line1 ...            + line1
      line2                  line2
  </ul>

  <ul plain>
  <li>line1 ...            line1
      line2                  line2
  </ul>

  (note that line1 is long enough to be wraped as line2)

  Is this an expected behaviour?

  I would expect an aligned text starting at the column where bullet would
  be put if there was no PLAIN attribute.

This is expected behavior.  It did start the text where the bullet
went, in the case without the PLAIN attribute.

There is a hanging indent in the way Lynx formats these list items.

                                        (which RFC I have to check or which
  part of the code has to be checked/changed?)

This level of layout is not prescribed by HTML.  What code to
change is beyond my knowledge.  If Fote doesn't jump in and tell
you now, search the archives for "hanging" and his name and
you'll probably find it quick enough.

Al Gilman

;
;