Re: LYNX-DEV DOS, DOS and Windows

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS, DOS and Windows
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 17:16:08 -0800

Please -- no one is really SERIOUS about trying to make lynx
work on an XT?  Or on anything less than a 386?

I don't hack the code; I don't even use C as my main
language (I use "Mainsail") -- but what of the code
I have looked at is complicated enough as is.

Worrying about 64K limits simply turns lynx into one
huge can of WORMS.  I cannot think of anything more
awful than trying to do that; lynx will never work
again on ANY computer!

Seems to me it would probably be cheaper for someone
with an XT to toss it out the window and get something
newer -- they'd save money on the maintainence expense
alone.  If they want to use lynx on an XT, then
dial into a shell-account (ie, timesharing) somewhere,
and use it there.

Life is just plain too short to have to worry about
64k limits!

Just my (strongly stated) opinion.
;
;