Re: LYNX-DEV Re: reorganizing the lynx-archive

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: reorganizing the lynx-archive
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 19:43:11 -0500 (EST)

  From: "Hiram Lester, Jr." <address@hidden>

  On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, David Combs wrote:

  > One idea there would be to automatically download to the
  > user the current enhanced-pages (HORRIBLE NAME), one of
  > the entries of which says:
  >    Hit here for up-to-date news about lynx
  >
  > The help files don't change between versions, and so they
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ -- huh? which versions?
  > could be also downloaded and used, instead of referring
  > to wherever (oops -- maybe they are compiled in?)

[and then hwlester...]
  The help files are included in the distribution ready for local install,
  and the lynx.cfg asks you to use those local versions.

[and now asgilman...]
That reminds me: it would be good to capture Henry Nelson's tailored
lynx_help_main.html into the "samples" that go out with the
distribution.

Al Gilman

;
;