Re: LYNX-DEV FIX: debugging that URL...

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FIX: debugging that URL...
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 16:45:31 -0500 (EST)

Filip M Gieszczykiewicz <address@hidden> wrote:
>Greetings. Add the following line right before the for (..)
>on line 37 of the WWW/Library/Implementation/HTString.c:
>
>    if (!p) return -1;
>
>Now it won't dump when it hits URL:
>
>http://www.safetycare.com.au/mig.html
>
>and the likes of it.

        That function is called from a zillion places, and should never
be called without valid pointers.  If you block the crash there, you'll
just mask the real programming error.

        The document has abominable HTML, but it brings out a typo
in HTMLDTD.h.  The HTML_BODYTEXT_foo definitions should begin with
0, not 1.  If you re-number them as 0-13 instead of 1-14, Lynx will
recover gracefully from the bad HTML.

        I'll put the fix in the next lynx2-6mods.zip.

                                Fote