Re: LYNX-DEV zip and lynx question

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV zip and lynx question
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 20:23:09 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> When I am in the processing of applying the various patches, etcl to
> lynx2-6, one thing I wish for, and perhaps just need educating concerning,
> is the ability to (during the unzip of a set of patched modules) indicate
> that the original module should remain.
>
> When I use the patch command, it renames the original module to file.orig
> (unless the file.orig already exists).
>
> This allows one to look at the changes that have occured.
>
> Is there a similar option for unzip?

You could answer [r]ename to each file individually in the update and give
it a name something like blah.c.new and then rename all the .new files to
the originals when done.

Probably your best bet would be to just copy the original archive to
another place, and then extract the update into only one of the 2 source
trees.  You could then use the recursive switch on diff to get a diff of
ALL the files that have changed.  Did that make any sense?  I've sick and
doped up, and know what I'm wanting to say, but not sure if I'm saying it
correctly. :)