Re: LYNX-DEV nifty "]" cmd -- BUT LOOK:

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV nifty "]" cmd -- BUT LOOK:
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 21:03:52 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, David Combs wrote:

> Just saw mention of really neat "]" cmd for getting
> header info.  (Yeah, combs, rtfm!  ok, ok -- I will!)
>
> Just for fun, try "]" on these (you WON'T like it):

>  http://altavista.digital.com/
>

> Shows the whole freaking html-file!  (What'd they
> do, leave off an "end" marker?)

Congratulations, you dug up quite a collection there of sites/servers
that are, apparently, incapable of implementing a *basic* HTTP 1.0
method correctly...  So far I only knew of www.msnbc.com, a site always
good for examples of how not do do things.  I didn't know the ones you
listed were incompetent.

Anyway, you must be using an ancient Lynx version.  2.5 and 2.6 throw
the garbage away.  *Tell* those folks at Netcom to upgrade - after all
you pay them money, right?

  Klaus

;
;