LYNX-DEV Okay, here's a peculiar, to me, html rendering

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV Okay, here's a peculiar, to me, html rendering
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:50:06 -0500

I _have_ ran validators against this one...

<URL:http://www.teraform.com/~lvirden/strong.html>

shows a page containing a small example of using STRONG to emphasis
my code.  Using lynx 2-6 with the current set of patches (well, current
as of Nov 13 according to the CHANGES document), shows the page with
a peculiarity on my xterm window; the strong is turned off by the <A>.
Is this something a) that the validator or weblint should have told me? or
b) is there some tool (other than using lynx) that could have told me of
this effect or c) is this a bug in Lynx?, or d) is this a bug in xterm's
terminfo?

I certainly don't see this effect in Netscape; interestingly enough, if
I use rxvt and a RP modified version of lynx, the line is colored as I
had expected it.
;