Re: LYNX-DEV composite patch update and changes

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV composite patch update and changes
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 14:42:41 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       It's nice, but I further modified it so that the -popup toggle
> still works:

Thanks. :)  I was trying to think of some way to do that, and kept drawing
a blank due to the command line options being processed before the
.lynxrc.  The closest thing I could come up with (just before I went to
bed this morning {grin}) was to create another variable (could be a local
one, thank goodness) to maintain the state of the -popup flag and then
process it AFTER the .lynxrc.  I was too tired to keep working on it at
the time. :)  I'll look at the mods and get them up on my site ASAP.

BTW, I hate global variables, and I was forced to add another one to do
this thing. :(  I have some ideas for modifying the .lynxrc and lynx.cfg
processors to get rid of those nasties.  I've implemented an rc file
processor in one of my programs... mine won't handle comments on the end
of actual assignment statements like the one in lynx (just didn't think of
it), although it does ignore comment lines (mine started with ;).  Mine is
also much more compact and doesn't use global variables, so I think I can
probably work mine into the code here eventually. :)