Re: LYNX-DEV multiple bookmark support and popup/radion_button in 'o'pti

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV multiple bookmark support and popup/radion_button in 'o'ptions.
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 02:28:39 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> 11-26-96
> * Added multiple bookmark support along the lines of the patch from Filip M.
>   Gieszczykiewicz (address@hidden), plus numerous enhancements of the
>   'o'ptions menu and bookmark handling. - FM

I went to integrate this into the patch set tonight, and already ran
across a problem.  If you enable multi-bookmark support and then 'v'iew
bookmarks and when prompted for bookmark file or list (in advanced mode)
and you just press ENTER, lynx crashes with a signal 11.  This happens on
my Linux box, and I'm compiling on the HP right now.  Pressing ENTER
should probably act the same as pressing A and take you to the default
bookmark file.  Strange, the HP version just says Bookmark file not
defined with the same set of keystrokes.  I'm gonna try a make clean and
remake on my Linux box just to be sure.  Ok, it still does it.  My
suspicions would be a comparison to a NULL string.  I found that Linux was
much more picky about such things than HP-UX:

  if (strcmp(string,"test"))

will work fing on HP-UX and will fail if string==NULL, Linux however will
coredump under the same conditions.  I would look at it, but I need to be
doing homework. :)

Also, one other thing that should probably be cleaned up is that the
second screen of bookmark files when editing the files is shifted one line
down from the first screen, and it looks slightly awkward when flipping
back and forth between screens.