Re: LYNX-DEV indexing local www tree

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV indexing local www tree
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:47:22 -0600 (CST)

You (Ken Brown) wrote:
> I'm not currently on the the mailing list...
> I gather 2-6 has the crawl/travresal feature.  I'd like to create a
> searchable database for our domain's html docs.  I'm using NCSA's httpd on
> an Ultrix box.
> Any pointers to scripts/methods/etc., would be most welcomed.  I'll
> summarize the success (hopefully) to this list.

Greetings. Index all the docs on the machine that deal with HTML? Sure,
I do it with glimpse (3.6). See my little "about..." at URL:

http://www.paranoia.com/~filipg/HTML/cgi-bin/F_Glimpse.html

and the form interface (that for now just searches the sci.ele.repair
tree) at URL:

http://www.paranoia.com/~filipg/HTML/cgi-bin/SearchSite.html

(only "Repair" scope will work, sorry)

Take care.