Re: LYNX-DEV Composite Patch + Color Patch

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Composite Patch + Color Patch
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 21:38:20 -0700

Rob,

I will be installing a 16 GIG hard drive array on our web server this weekend \
and will finally be able to play with compiling lynx again (had to remove all
source when /usr hit 97% capacity!)

Our machine is a Sun Sparcstation running Solaris 2.4 (unless I have to upgrade
to 2.5 for the new hardware). I currently connect through a slip dialup via
my ISP using Netmanage Xoftware's X server and run an Xterm on the Unix box
displayed on my PC. I'd like to start playing with color and such. Can you
tell me what I need to display color? I don't know that Xterm even handles
color as I don't see any, even when connected to a linux box that has a
colorized ls command. I do get bolding and underlines though.

Basically, can you tell me if I need an XTerm replacement (and where to get
it), where to get slang and ncurses (I need that info for the FAQ too) (which
is better?), and what I have to do to install and use color. I'd like to start
using it and be able to test things out for you guys.

Thanks

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,