LYNX-DEV lynx 2.6: dogwash

From: Michael Driscoll
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.6: dogwash
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 21:29:29 -0800

Greetings, lynx developers.

Just a tiny cosmetic bug report: In lynx 2.6, when A)dding a L)ink to
your bookmark file, lynx automatically suggests a default name for the
bookmark based on the text in the <a> tag.  However, if that text has
been broken up by the formatting into more than one line, then the
suggested link name is incorrectly truncated.  For example:

('_' denotes a link)
-----
   There is more information on how to _join_the_6bone_ on the _6bone_
   Home_Page_ maintained at LBL. The 6bone mailing list is a good place
   to start learning about the deployment of IPv6.
-----

When A)dd a L)ink is done on the link with the text "6bone Home Page"
the default name supplied is "6bone" when it should be "6bone Home Page",
the line break in the formatting is causing the name to be truncated.

Like I said, not a big priority, just thought I'd mention it.
                        Mike Driscoll
--
---.-- A nymph hits you!  A nymph steals your virginity! --More--
------  Dynamic Home Page: http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~fenris
;