LYNX-DEV gunzip program.gz ?

From: rosebud
Subject: LYNX-DEV gunzip program.gz ?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 07:32:13 GMT

I just compiled linux2-6FM-1-10-97 on linux, any thing with
a .gz extension is labeled 'gunzip' instead of 'GNU Compressed',
when i press enter on a file.gz it's downloaded without asking
then uncompressed.

I can press the 'd' key and it will be downloaded and then
i save it to disk, i've allways had a problem with any
files with a .gz extension, i think the confusion has
something to do with dired support, lynx thinks the
file.gz is on a local directory on my hard drive and
it proceeds to gzip -d it after downloading it.

;
;