Re: LYNX-DEV A bunch of URL to download

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A bunch of URL to download
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 07:06:49 -0800

> From address@hidden Fri Jan 10 07:12:42 1997
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:28:28 +0100
> To: address@hidden
> From: address@hidden (Christian Mercat)
>
>         I've got a big list of URL to download, it's lecture notes divided
> in a lot of different author1.ps, author2.ps etc...
>         I think it would be a good idea to implement this feature in lynx,

Ability already exists: -traversal, -realm, etc.  Here is
the csh-alias I use for this usage of lynx:

/usr/local/nuglops/bin/lynx -show_cursor -vikeys -cache=20 lynx_bookmarks.html
-traversal -crawl -realm  > /dev/null
just say "treelynx <url that lists the .ps-file-urls>"

But first, make a new directory for just these things,
cd to it, and THEN do the treelynx cmd.  Let it run
for a while, every so often what I do is ^Z then "ls"
then "fg" back into running lynx and let it run some more,
just to check that it isn't being hung up somehow.

It will finally exit (assuming the net isn't loaded down
and you aren't downloading a HUGE number of files, eg
thousands (I have done it ok for 100 or so at once).

Is really neat feature of lynx!

(Maybe my alias or something like it should go into faq or
manual?)

;
;