LYNX-DEV blockquote behavior

From: redistribution point
Subject: LYNX-DEV blockquote behavior
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 97 16:36 EST

In a discussion about HTML in Usenet, someone was saying that
<BLOCKQUOTE>..</BLOCKQUOTE> is ideally suited for quoting
attributed text. Then that person wondered aloud what browsers
which do not indent blockquotes would do with a nested
blockquote.

I had to verify that was legal with a validator before I would
accept it. WebTech's says it is good 2.0 so I guess it is.
Anyway, I decided to see what lynx would do with it:

foo
bar
baz

That was rendered as:

    foo bar baz

Anybody care to explain or defend that formatting?

Elijah
------
please do not CC me when replying to the list

;
;