Re: LYNX-DEV some text is dissappearing

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV some text is dissappearing
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:20:14 -0500 (EST)

> A likely cause is that you are using a buggy or improperly configured
> terminal emulator that converts recieved line feeds to carriage-return
> line-feed pairs. Lynx is probably set up to use the curses or ncurses
> screen-optimization libraries, which rely on linefeeds moving the cursor
> down one line on the screen. Several terminal programs for PCs (most
with ncurses, at least you may be able to test this by changing the
newline capability to match a down-arrow.

That would be, for example,
        test-vt100,
                use=vt100,
                nel=\E[B

(working around a broken carriage-return is a little harder)

> Another possibility is that your terminal (emulator?) and
> screen-optimization librairies don't agree on where your terminal's tab
> stops are. If that's a problem, it may be fixable using the TERMCAP
> environment variable on unixish systems. If all else fails, try using a
> different terminal emulator. Some of them are fairly buggy.
or you may have to tell the system that you don't have hard tab stops
(if I saw the terminfo or termcap description for the host I could make
a guess)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden