Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:22:22 -0800

On Jan 21, Laura Eaves wrote:
> > From: address@hidden
> > Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:26:17 -0500 (EST)
> > slang is at space.mit.edu:/pub/davis
> >
> > You can easily find if your binaries were linked with slang by doing ldd
> > on the binaries (in case they were dynamically linked) or with strings
> > (if they were statically linked) - look for some (mixed case) variation of
> > "slang".
>
> I tried both.  The binaries apparently were not compiled with slang.
> When whoever builds the binaries for the next release, it would be nice
> if they were compiled with slang and whatever else is needed to support
> all the nifty features.

The binaries were (from what I understand) intentionally done on the
base 2.6 with the major bugs fixed.  Having all the bells and whistles
can sometimes be site-dependent, and harder to use.

Nothing saying that there can't be a FoobarOS version and a FoobarOS w/SLang,
of course. :)

> --le

Jason

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

       Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.