[no subject]

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:30:21 EST

Andrew Kuchling (address@hidden) wrote:

 > >Hmm... Invalid HTML, and in particular, improper nesting of <CENTER>
 > >and <BLOCKQUOTE> tags does it; the Soros article has <CENTER>
 > >... <BLOCKQUOTE> ... </CENTER> </BLOCKQUOTE>.  A small example:
 >
 > (This is a discussion about http://www.theatlantic.com/)
 >
 > I tried to convey this information to The Atlantic Monthly and the Webmaster
 > there refuses to acknowledge that there is anything wrong with the HTML.
 > He is quite snippy about it.  In fact, he told me:
 >
 > >Our HTML is not wrong. One could make a very strong case, however, that you
 > >are.
 > >
 > >If you really feel that strongly about it, consider venting your
 > >frustrations on the Feedback Conference in Post & Riposte, our highly
 > >popular interactive message forums. Of course, you may not be able to do
 > >this effectively using a text-only browser. I wish I could say that's our
 > >loss.
 >
 > Hardly the attitude of someone who might want my money somewhere along the
 > way. (and that they'll never get now.)

Maybe Brian (he is the one who has been dealing with that friendly person
from The Atlantic) should (1) MAIL (2) to their PRESIDENT (or Editor in Chief)
not only (3) a COPY of the above correspondence but also (4) actual PROOF
from SEVERAL "well known and trusted" web html-verifiers.

Maybe he/she will actually FIRE the guy.  I wish I could say that would
be our loss!

In fact, since I myself am a subscriber to the magazine, and have been
for some number of years, I will send THIS piece of text along to
the boss-person.

I will wait a day or so for a reply from Brian telling me the guy's
name, so there will be no question about who it is there who is
so friendly to potential subscribers.

;
;