LYNX-DEV [IMAGE] access

From: Dick Atlee
Subject: LYNX-DEV [IMAGE] access
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 22:14:49 EST

Pardon me for writing from outside the list, but I am a help-desk person
responsible for helping 15,000 K-12 teachers who use unix shell accounts
provided free to them by us at the University of Maryland.  I'm trying to
finish up a new introductory manual for them, and the loss of gopher
service here has made me focus more on lynx.  And on one point I am in
need of help, and would appreciate information on it.

The [IMAGE] references are tantalyzing to people who have no graphic-browser
access.  It would be a big help if they could download these images.
But I haven't been able to find any references in our version of lynx --
not in the 'k' help or the 'h'/keyword help or looking through and
using '/image' in the lynx manual.

I wrote (apologetically) to Fote Macrides.  His response (other than
justifiably asking me to use this list) was:

>    You simply toggle clickable images on ('*').  That's summarized
>in the 'k'eymap diagram and -help command line output, and at length
>in the Users Guide via the online 'h'elp.

'Fraid not.  Not in ours.  It appears that the various large systems here
are using 2.3.7.  Is this feature something that appeared in 2.4 or 2.6
and not earlier?  Again, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Dick Atlee - AITS Help Desk - U.of Maryland - address@hidden - 301-405-3011
          AITS Consultants -- address@hidden -- 301-405-1500
;
;