Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Restricted Shell

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Restricted Shell
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:14:07 -0800 (PST)

> I recently upgraded to Lynx 2.4.2.  After the upgrade, our Restricted
> shell users (Rsh) haven't been able to download files via Lynx.

First you should upgrade to the current version of Lynx, which is the 2.7
pre-release code set available at http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx/

It is being updated almost daily as minor bugs are worked out.  If there
is a problem with this code and rsh users, it would be good diagnose and
resolve the problem as soon as possible, so any necessary changes can be
included in the final 2.7 code.  I think it's down to a matter of days
before the final snapshot, so you might want to get on it as soon as
possible.

The number of bug fixes, memory leak patches, and feature enhancements
from 2.4.2 to 2.7 is immense.

Mike
;
;