Re: LYNX-DEV Restricting MAIL in LYNX

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Restricting MAIL in LYNX
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:47:19 +0900 (JST)

> ... I
> know we can include MAIL among the -restrictions, but we do want these
> people to be able to send EMAIL under most circumstances. We also have

This has been eating at my conscience for quite a while.  Is there any
way to get the e-mail address of the person logging in (with a script
or program separate from Lynx, sort of like those anonymous ftp logins),
and then have Lynx put that address (now an environment variable) in the
From: header of e-mail, and newsposts, without the option of modifying
the From: header when running a restricted anonymous Lynx?  The ultimate
would be to require only those wishing to e-mail or post to enter their
e-mail address.  If no address were input and the environment variable
were empty, then e-mail and newsposting would be disallowed.  It wouldn't
stop the hardcore abuser, but it would probably foil the casual prankster.

__Henry
;
;